Monday, July 27, 2009

Travel Time - Off to Colorado

Jeff, Jack and I are in Colorado for the week, and then Jeff and Jack go on to Santa Fe to see Grandma Ruth and Grandpa Ray.

No pics yet, but I promise some will come soon.

Jack was a trooper on the plane. He was sweet and easy and probably slept for 2 of the 4.5 hours. The funniest part of the whole trip for me was when we were getting on the plane.

Somehow, Jeff and I continue to miss the "parents with squalling children please board first" line. So by the time we got on the first class passengers were enjoing their glass of wine and their WSJs. i am carring Jack over one arm and he's facing out. Of course, I have balanced him on my forearm so i am giving his diaphragm a work out as I struggle through the aisle. Just as we pass row two of first class, Jack lets forth with a HUGE belch right onto one of our first class brethren. I avoided eye contact and rushed forward. From what I could tell there was no regurgitation, so all in all, Mr. Second Row of First Class should probably be thanking his lucky stars!

Hope everyone is doing well. Jack certainly is and sends his best.


3 comments:

  1. G-Mom Ruth and Grandpa Ray can HARDLY WAIT!!! Just wish "Pop Mark" could be here, too.
    GMR

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erik and Rebecca checking in to say your boy is a darn cute one. Jack will have to come over when you get back from your trip so Henrik can teach him how to blow bubbles in his milk with a straw... Hugs from us and have fun with the Gparents!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This experienced mom says unless you're desperate for overhead space, wait until the last minute to board! I can't remember when this became obvious to me, perhaps as they get closer to 1 and a bit more fidgety.

    ReplyDelete