Monday, August 10, 2009

Big News. Really Big.

So, Jack and I (Jeff) are back in DC today, after 2 lovely weeks in Colorado and New Mexico visiting family. And I'm trying to finish my (long overdue) taxes this week. Jack got hungry a little while ago, and I propped his bottle up with a pillow, so I could get one more thing finished before devoting full time to the feeding. And then Jack did something amazing. After he turned his head and his bottle came out, he reached out, grabbed it and put it back in his mouth -- all by himself. He's shown fleeting interest in holding the bottle in the past, but it's never gone far. This time, he's repeatedly moved it in and out of his mouth, and he's drunk the whole bottle. I can't overstate how big this is. Big. Really, really, really big. I've been so riveted with the sight that I wasn't even able to get to the camera.

Keep an eye out for pictures of Jack holding his own bottle -- and a very, very happy Jeff!

2 comments:

  1. Aunt Jenny: Just wait until you can throw a frozen waffle into his crib at 3 am and go back to sleep :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog guys!! I have to comment on this particular entry! I can NOT wait for Luca to hold his bottle! ha-ha!!!

    Nice seeing you on Saturday!

    xoxo

    Eva

    ReplyDelete