Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Grandma Gert

I am sorry that I have not posted very much at all recently.



On March 10, at 5:15 pm CST, my Mom, Grandma Gert passed away. She was surrounded by most of her children and her husband of 56 years. Although she was non-responsive for the last day or two, she was constantly attended to. We whispered things in her ear, we told her stories, we prayed, we laughed and we cried.

During those last hours, I had some time alone with her. I told her how much I loved her and how much I was going to miss her. I thanked her for giving me such a good life and for being such a good parent. I also told her that she and Dad gave me the strength and conviction to pursue my dream of being a parent. I told her how happy we were with Jack; a happiness we didn't even know existed, a happiness that I knew she had experienced in spades.

I then asked her to watch closely over him.

If her time with Jack during his first year is any indication, I believe that Jack is well-taken care of in the guardian angel department....







1 comment: