Sunday, December 12, 2010

Traditions....

The other night, just as we are drifting off to sleep, Jeff rolls over and says "I think we should get a Christmas tree. I don't think Jack's too young..." I immediately leapt out of bed and started making lists.

I love putting up a tree in our house. Over the last 18 years, we have picked up an ornament from our various travels; a porcelain bell from Seina, a sun and a moon from our Christmas trip to St. John's, ornaments from our friends Kerrie and Kevin when they were living in Moscow, various iterations of flying pigs (don't ask). Unwrapping all of the ornaments is a fantastic trip back through those years.

At the beginning of the holiday season, we discussed it and decided that Jack was still just a little too young and a fully decorated tree would be too great a temptation and it would end up in a tragi-comic disaster that would put us off trees for years.

Knowing what a fool I am for a REAL tree - no fakes for me -- Jeff gave me the best gift of all. The picture below is Jack hanging his first ornament.

A very nice day in our household and one that I will take with me for years and years to come.

Thanks Jeff.





Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment