Saturday, June 26, 2010

One of the reasons why we still love Alabama...

There are lots of things to question about Alabama...seriously. Just take a gander at some of the political ads popping up on youtube and you will see what I mean. On the other hand, there is plenty to love about my birthplace. And just because you love some things, you don't forget the other stuff. Every once in a while it is good to focus on the good of a place. And lately, for me, that has mostly been about the food. I've talked about the grits, the barbeque, Miss Verba's pimento cheese. Today, I present freshly made peach ice cream.

Now you might expect to see a picture of Jack, with a delightful smile, cheeks slathered in cream. No sir. This is serious stuff. And as you can see from the picture below, we are not smiling. We are focused and dedicated. And as is evident, Papa was still not getting the peach ice cream into himself nearly quickly enough.

We finished that cup of ice cream in no time and I had to use my mighty powers of distraction to disrupt Jack's fixation on when the next 6-7 cups of peach ice cream were showing up. All in all, it was a glorious food moment.

It does give me some ideas for summer dessert tho.....

1 comment:

  1. Okay, I'll attempt the Peach Ice Cream but I'll have to say no to the Grits. I'm afraid I'm too much of a Yankee to try those.
    Your Friend, m.

    ReplyDelete