Friday, November 6, 2009

Happy Birthday Uncle Mike, Part II

A well-documented medical phenomena is the devouring of the adult brain by small children in situ. I am suffering under this syndrome even as we speak. If you are confused, just try listening to "Elmo's Song" 5 times in a row... it will give you a window into my confusion, brain-dead existence.

All of this is by way of prelude to my message to my lovely brother on the actual day of his birth, which is today November 6. We have a special surprise birthday gift for Mike. Mike spent 6 months with us last year and grew to know and love at least one of our dogs. (I will give you a hint, it was the old man that he fell in love with.) We think that it is just a matter of time before Mike comes to understand, know, and love the joy that is Tucker.


2 comments:

  1. This is not true. I love dogs. Hot dogs. With saurkraut and mustard. Well-cooked. I think that the alien races' idea of invading our world via Jack Russell terriers is demonic, if unimaginative (I mean, they LOOK like alien beings--imagine being bred to eat small, dead rodents). Sorry. Trucker brings that meanness out in me. Love that Jake, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tucker! How cute. When I'm dogsitting, and he snuggles up to me on the red couch, and then tries to lick my face, it's so precious that I almost forget less than 30 minutes prior he had a rat in his mouth.

    ReplyDelete