Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Rubbing Heads

From very early on, I would touch my head to Jack's as a sign of affection. He was so tiny I was afraid I was going to whack him with my glasses or scratch him with my beard.

He must have picked up on it because about 2 months ago, I realized he was mimicking that by rubbing his head against mine. It is the sweetest thing. He's very deliberate and yet delicate about it. He slowly moves toward you and gently lowers his head until he's touching yours and then he rocks his head slightly.

When we were in Birmingham, Dad was on the floor playing with him and I caught Jack doing the head rub with Dad. I am the luckiest guy in the world....





2 comments:

  1. Jack truly is VERY GOOD at "rubbing heads" and "snuffling" ... I experienced both of those wonders when last in DC and still experience a warm glow when I think of it. Can't wait to see you all for "Christmas in Santa Fe."
    G-Mom Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mark,
    Thanks for making me cry (sweet tears) with your sweet words about Dad. John fondly remembers the time (not too long ago) when Dad asked him to help (hold the flashlight) change the break pads. Course John's first comment was, "Where's the instruction manual?" I never realized he read them...I always thought he just got in there and figured it out! Whenever John and Dad get together, Dad likes to tell this story. I never understood why Dad thought this was so funny. Is it because he's changed them so many times, he's memorized them? We'll have to find out next week! Thanks so much for sharing, Mark. I love reading about your (and your friends' and family's) sweet lives.
    Aunt Jenny

    ReplyDelete